Sunday, June 8, 2008

My first 1:43 Metal Kit

At first, I was hesitant to build this metal kit for my friend Vic.
But eventually, I decided to give it a try. Its a little bit different from my usual
1:64 diecast that I regularly build. More parts and bigger body panels.

Its a 70's Rolls Royce Silver Shadow by RAE hand built model company


and all parts are done in metal, it weights almost a ton!!!


and heres what I did with the Rolls Royce.

some detailed painting in the interior...


2 coats of metallic paint and 2 coats of top coat plus
a little wet sanding and buffing for the body.

some minor but important details like door handles
that tested my tweezer handling capabilities hehehe!


and here it is...






I've learned a lot from this experience and one thing
is that metal kits, specially the "white metal" ones
are very soft and sensitive, you can even leave a mark
using your fingernail.

1 comment:

Gaucho Man said...

Excelent job!
paint and shine are so soft, so perfect,
that seems a "purchased" model.
congrats!